State: Minneapolis, MN
Deadline: August 16, 2019
Posted: August 2, 2019
Job Description / Duties
Coursework emphasis in Physics
Individual will be teaching in an interdisciplinary project based learning program within the Community Connected Academy at Henry High School
Provide quality instruction aligned to the state and national standards. Use a variety of assessment strategies - diagnostic, formative and summative, to inform instructional decisions and increase student self-management of learning. Engage students in deep content of the discipline as well as the habits of scholarship through rigorous inquiry-based learning tasks. Provide evidence of lesson planning that reflect a diverse population. Demonstrate strong classroom management strategies that correspond to the school's equity focus as well as acknowledging the disparity in demographics of teachers compared to students.
* Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements; knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, and current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students' learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
* Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
* Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students. Courses may be co-taught.
* Assess students' developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
* Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
* Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
* Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
* Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP). Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
Qualifications / Required Skills
Education and Experience Guidelines
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university.
* Prior successful experience student teaching or teaching in an urban, multicultural education setting.
* Demonstrated continued professional development through course work, research, peer collaboration and/or job-embedded staff development.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Minnesota teaching license or proof of pending approved licensure; physics
Chemistry license in addition, preferred
Salary: 1.0 FTE
Comprehensive high school in the Minneapolis Public Schools