by , posted on 2:37 PM, January 8, 2020
A free experimental design competition where students propose research projects to be carried out in space.
If you've ever wondered how astronauts might survive a deep-space mission or how we might use biology to transform new worlds, Genes in Space is for you:
- Propose an experiment that utilizes molecular biology capabilities aboard the ISS, specifically polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
- Test your hypothesis in the ultimate lab: The International Space Station
Who can participate?
- You must live in the USA and be in grades 7-12
- You can work alone or in a team of up to 4 students
- You must be available to present at the 2020 ISS R&D Conference in Seattle, August 3-6 (funding for travel provided)