Teaching in the Outdoor Classroom Workshop
June 25 - 28, 2018
TEACHING IN THE OUTDOOR CLASSROOM WORKSHOP
Prairie Wetlands Learning Center, Fergus Falls, MN
JUNE 25-28, 2018
Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday: 8 am – 4 pm
Thursday: 6:15 am – 2:00 pm
All Who Teach Children are Invited to …
- Explore innovative ways to use an outdoor classroom during this K-12 immersion workshop held concurrently with the Summer Explorers Biology Camp for youth entering 5th and 6th grades.
- Observe professionals and apply outdoor classroom methods by leading the same youth daily, outdoors, in a supportive team teaching environment.
- Gain knowledge and real world experience with the prairie pothole ecosystem.
For full workshop completion, each participant receives...
- Certificate for 30 clock hours and free lodging option in the on-site dormitory.
- Hands-on practice using weather monitoring equipment, field guides, field journal, and more.
- Printed copy of the Compass to Nature booklet
- Sign-up on-line at Friends of Prairie Wetlands starting February 15, 2018.
- Cost is $50.
FOR MORE INFO, PLEASE VISIT