- MnSTA webinar: Science Teaching and Social Justice
July 30, 2020, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
With the events and concerns of this summer, the Minnesota Science Teachers Association wants to provide opportunities for science educators to dialog about addressing social justice in the context of science instruction. To start the conversation we are offering a virtual gathering to hear the voices of students and teachers engaged in this struggle on a daily basis.
Thursday July 30, 11 AM -12:30 PM via Zoom (This time was selected to fit the schedules of the panelists)
Complete this Registration Form and we will send you the connection information on the day before the event. This webinar has a limit on the number of participants, so register early. Registration closes on July 28. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Conversation among a panel of science teachers and their students
- Breakout groups for reactions and sharing of strategies
- Identification of needs for further professional development
- Resources and clock hour certificates will be provided.
For some pre-webinar reading, see this STEM Teaching Tools brief on Justice-Centered Phenomena
Angela Osuji, President, Minnesota Science Teachers Assn.