Subject: $1000 Scholarships for Amazon Rainforest PD Workshop
Get your explorer on and apply for a scholarship to explore the Amazon rainforest next summer!
Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest + Machu Picchu
The July 1-11, 2015 Educator Academy in the Amazon Rainforest of Peru is a cross-curricular professional development workshop for K-12 formal and informal educators to learn and use:
- 21st Century Instruction: 5E Lesson Design ~ Inquiry-Based Exploration ~ STEM
- Inquiry Protocols & Resources: Project Learning Tree ~ Cornell Lab of Ornithology ~ & More!
- Global and Cultural Perspectives: Service Learning ~ Sustainability ~ Global Education
Join Al Stenstrup, Project Learning Tree (PLT); Lilly Briggs (Cornell Lab of Ornithology), Christa Dillabaugh, Amazon Rainforest Workshops; and Dr. David Pearson, Wildlife Travellers’ Guide to Peru; and work side-by-side with scientists Dr. Steve Madigosky, Widener University; and Randy Morgan, Curator/Entomologist, Cincinnati Zoo as you:
- Participate in citizen science projects and inquiry based field studieson a 1/4-mile Rainforest Canopy Walkway in one of the most biologically diverse environments on the planet.
- Spend a day in an Amazon village as you explore the complexities of sustainability and the role of education in creating a sustainable future for Amazon children.
- Work with fellow educators to explore strategies for using the Amazon as a vehicle for incorporating STEM education, inquiry-based learning, and sustainability science education into your classroom.
PLT Certification, BirdSleuth resources and 50 ASU PD Hours included. Academic Credit and Machu Picchu Extension optional. $1000 scholarship deadline March 1, 2015. Program cost is $1240 + air for scholarship recipients. Space is limited! Register early to secure your spot!
Get the details and download a syllabus and scholarship application at:http://www.amazonworkshops.com/educator-academy.html