2016 Clean Tech Competition
- The 2016 Challenge: “Making an Impact” asks students to develop a clean technology solution to the problems associate with plastics for the need for clean, cheap energy.
- Teams consist of 1-3 students, are assisted by a Team Leader (i.e. parent, teacher, or mentor), to develop a written proposal.
- There is no entry fee.
- Online registration is open now!
- First Round Paper Submissions are due March 18th, 2016.
- 10 Finalist Teams are selected, given a $200 stipend and matched with a Mentor to help them prepare a Prototype and presentation for the Finalist Event.
- Finalists compete for the $10,000 grand prize and ‘Continued Mentorship’
- Final event to happen while on a cruise from Miami, Florida, USA toPuerto Plata, Dominican Republic!
- Official Competition website www.cleantechcompetition.org
This year’s Clean Tech Competition happens on board Fathom’s Cruise Ship, Adonia where there will be opportunities for professional development with workshops that include: Project based learning, Hands-on science activity ideas and demonstrations, Dinosaurs, Weather, STEM questioning techniques, Earth Science, Endangered species and much more!