PACER Center is seeking applicants to fill a camp teacher position for the 2017 EX.I.T.E. (EXploring Interests in Technology and Engineering) camp. This 5-day camp for middle school girls with disabilities provides an environment for girls to learn about science, technology, engineering, and math. The goal is to inspire girls to continue to pursue these areas of study by working together to create unique hands-on projects. Teachers will:
- Attend 2-3 planning meetings
- Facilitate opening ceremony, five days of the camp, and the closing ceremony (August 3, 7, 9, 11, 15 and 17)
- Provide social/ice breaker activities daily
- Provide classroom management
- Implement de-escalation techniques and interventions for behavior management as needed (i.e. facilitating breaks, giving options to campers, etc.)
- Receive a $700.00 stipend and continuing education clock hours for their efforts
Any teacher who is willing to aid students in a stimulating learning experience may apply. Experience in special education services and an interest in science, technology, engineering, and math fields are recommended.
How to Apply
The application can be found at http://www.pacer.org/stc/exite/profdev.asp and must be submitted no later than June 19, 2017 with your resume. For questions about the application or position, please contact Tina Hanson at email@example.com or 952-838-9000.