MnSTA Virtual Professional Learning Opportunities for 8th Grade Physical Science
MnSTA is excited to announce a NEW series of virtual professional learning opportunities for members this spring. These trainings are designed to support 8th grade teachers transition to the new Physical Science Standards. Highlights include:
- Four sessions from Feb - April
- NGSS Focused
- Free for members
- CEU's available
- Come to all or any that fit your schedule
Join us to engage in professional development with other MnSTA members! Consider meeting in a common space to participate in the training together. Science sense-making is best done in teams, and is always more fun with partners!
Have colleagues that aren't members? All sessions are free for members!
Non-members can register for $30 per session. Or encourage colleagues to join MnSTA - for $25 per year, and access to this and other PD opportunities are FREE!
Feb 11th • Chemical Reactions/Matter
Feb 25th • Thermal Energy
March 11th • Forces
April 1st • Sound
NON-Member Information: If you would like to become a member of MnSTA for an annual fee of $25, and complete any or all of these registration for FREE as a member, please Join MnSTA here and then return to this registration!
- Participants will walk through how a unit might be structured using Open Sci-Ed as a model.
- A list of easy to access materials will be sent prior to the meeting with a portion of the meeting dedicated to a hands-on investigation.
- Science content will be focused at grade-level knowledge with additional resources available.